Monday, May 23, 2011

Celebrating Kids Ink's 25th Birthday


On Saturday, May 21st, Indiana picture book authors Peggy Archer, Nathan Clement and I signed books at Kids Ink children's bookstore's 25th birthday celebration. I love this store. It's the place where my three kids first attended story time, hung out at the train table while I perused new releases, and where they still go when they have a little cash to spend. It was an honor to be included in celebrating one of the few remaining independent children's bookstores, located right here in my Indianapolis neighborhood. So special, in fact, that Publisher's Weekly's online Children's Bookshelf ran a blurb on June 9th. Congratulations to Shirley Mullin and all the staff at Kids Ink. Thanks to all who stopped in! (pictured l. to r.: Shirley Mullin, me, Peggy Archer, Nathan Clement)